Council Tenant

In partnership with Hull City Council, we meet all the repairs and maintenance requirements for Hull City Council’s 26,000 residential properties.


In need of assistance?


Hull City Council Emergency repairs:

Call Hull City Council on 01482 300 300

Hull City Council maintain a 24 hour helpline for all tenants across the city so that you can report any issues that you may have. Any repair or emergency work will be relayed directly to ourselves to respond and assist you.


Emergency questions:


What should I do if I smell gas?

If you can smell gas in your home, call the National Gas Emergency Service on freephone 0800 111 999 immediately and follow the instructions given. These will include:

  • Turning off the gas supply immediately at the meter/emergency control valve
  • Extinguishing all sources of ignition
  • Not smoking
  • Not operating electrical light or power switches (on or off)
  • Opening doors and windows to ventilate the property


What are the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas, which has no colour, taste or smell. Faulty gas appliances could cause carbon monoxide poisoning. Symptoms include:

  • Fatigue
  • Headaches
  • Flu-like symptoms such as nausea
  • Chest pains
  • Dizziness
  • Sickness, diarrhoea and stomach pains


What can I do to prevent plumbing problems?

  • Identify where your ‘Mains Cold Water Stop Tap’ is and monthly give it a clockwise and a quarter turn back to stop it ceasing.
  • Ensure your water pipes in your loft are insulated.
  • Don’t let small leaks develop into big problems i.e. patches on ceiling (could be a serious leak in roof) or overflows leaking (could cause damage to walls)


How can I protect my gutters from damage during cold weather?

Clean gutters regularly – blocked/dirty gutters can cause overflows which, if frozen, could result in them coming down with the weight.


What can I do to prevent electrical problems?

  • Always make sure water and electrics don’t come into contact with one another – keep spillable liquids away from plugs and electrical equipment.
  • Switch unnecessary appliances off when away from your property for a period of time.
  • Don’t leave chargers on overnight – this can cause fires.